Friday, January 24, 2014

Coded Messages - A Witch's Secret Keeper

Image from TCDC Resource Center.
The first thing I learned as a child witch was to keep my messages between fellow witches in code.  It was always important to my teachers to keep our witchly secrets safe, so, whenever my fellow young witches-in-training and I needed to get in contact, we would use coded messages to pass to one another in the "muggle" school hallways.

The very first code we used was the Mage's Sigillum Mysteriorum from the book Wizardology.  We had this code memorized like it was nobody's business, quite literally.  Every day, we would pass notes back and forth, all unreadable unless the person looking at the notes knew this code.  I barely remember it now, but then, it's been 8 or so years since I used it last.  I found it very useful as a child.

In the Tabs section of this blog, you'll come across a Tab labeled "Alphabets".  Inside that tab, there are two of the most known Code Alphabets used between witches, Elder Futhark and Theban.  Of the two, the most used one is Theban, however, there are many who choose to use the Futhark Runes for their actual meanings in messages, instead of spelling each thing out individually.

Now, I, personally, have never used Theban for messages, however, I have tried to at least memorize it... With no prevail.  Runes, on the other hand, come easier.  I almost have their meanings memorized, actually.

Runes

Image from Google Image Search.

Each rune both stands for a letter and has its own meaning.  The letters correspond to the written in Anglo-Roman script.  The meanings of each rune are used for divination, however, that's a whole other journal entry.  Please notice:  Not all runes match a letter, however, so runes that are sufficient replacements via the sound are used twice or put in parenthesis.

Below, you can find the 2 page worksheet I made to practice Runes:

Just click each to enlarge and then print on standard 8.5in x 11in printer paper.

Theban

Image from Google Image Search.




















For Theban, each symbol represents only a letter, and some symbols can be used as other, similar sounding letters as well.  Please notice:  There is no 'X', nor did I present an 'X' on the Alphabets page of the journal.  Any added letters, as above, are in parenthesis.

Below, you can find the 2 page worksheet I made to practice Theban:

Just click each to enlarge and then print on standard 8.5in x 11in printer paper.

Please feel free to use the sheets, but remember, they are for home-use only.  I don't want to see anyone re-uploading my worksheets as their own for money.  In my teachings, the sale of services is against my Path, and I would hope anyone who shares this would do as such to keep them free for everyone.

Well, as always, thank you for joining me once again!

I hope you found something useful in this journal entry, and if not, I hope you stick around until you find something that is!

Many blessings to you!

☽⚝☾


No comments:

Post a Comment